It's about that time for another lovely "loving lately" post, yes? Yes!
I've had this running list of goodies to share in my phone for a few weeks now and just added item #6, making it a complete, well-rounded little grouping ;) Also, please note those AMAZING double daffodils up there that are the unofficial #1. Such an underrated Spring flower - they smell incredible and a fresh bunch is as close as it gets to actual sunshine in flower form. I could go on but I shall control myself. Let's get to it:
1. Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm Instant Solutions SPF 35: I started using this almost a year ago and kind of forgot about it for the past few months. Mistake! I'm so glad I picked it back up and don't plan to forget about it again anytime soon. It offers a little more coverage than your average BB cream / tinted moisturizer (which I love because it usually lets me skip concealer) but it's definitely not heavy or cakey in any way. I also love that it's SPF 35 now that it's kinda sorta warming up and I'm spending more time outside! I use it in place of my moisturizer in the morning and my skin feels perfectly balanced and hydrated all day long. Highly recommend!
2. Marvis Toothpaste: Ok, so I fully understand that luxury toothpaste is kind of... silly. I get it! This was a major treat-yo-self situation and honestly, I don't regret it a bit. (Plus we all know beauty / self-care products are my ultimate weakness!) I can't say it's that much more effective than your average drug store tube, but I can say that the mint flavor is intense and really stays with you, and that unscrewing the beautiful tube brings me joy twice a day every day when I brush. (I also recently got myself a Quip toothbrush which I'm now realizing should definitely get it's own shout out on the next "loving lately'"! All about making a kind of boring daily chore a little more fun.)
3. The Organic Pharmacy Self Tan: I can 100% attribute this purchase to Goop's Facebook ads. They got me! But luckily... it worked out very well! I am naturally very fair, and with a few Spring weddings coming up, I was on a mission to obtain a natural looking tan (without the damage of UV rays or any harsh chemicals please!). Enter, The Organic Pharmacy Self Tan. It's subtle, doesn't turn me orange, and is made to use on body and face! One application is all I usually need, but I'm sure it would layer nicely if your base color were a bit deeper than mine. Doesn't hurt that it also smells clean and fresh - a definite step up from the Jergens Natural Glow of my teen years ;)
4. Rahua Color Full line: Not only does this shampoo and conditioner work beautifully, I love the brands commitment to working with Amazonian indigenous communities to support their environment and maintain a sustainable, eco-friendly business. They're also paraben, cruelty, and sulfate free and 100% non toxic. Your hair will look great, and you can feel good about supporting such a wonderful company!
5. Bobbi Brown Almost Bare Eau de Parfum: Much like the Beauty Balm above - this is another goodie from last year that I've brought back out and can't remember why I ever stopped using it! It's probably also because I started wearing it around this time last year that the smell instantly brings me back to the warmer happy days and just feels right for Spring. In writing this post I also learned that they may be discontinuing their fragrances this year?! Must go stock up! Almost Bare smells clean, fresh, subtle, and (according to the online description) features notes of Italian bergamot, white freesia, and white amber. Yum!
6. Southern Charm: And for the final pièce de résistance... guys, I love Southern Charm. I can't explain it, I just... I could watch Shep, Austin and Craig fight about party planning for hours. It's my absolute favorite Bravo show. And that's saying a lot because I will pretty much watch any and everything that network puts out there. It's just the best thing to have on loop while painting, scrolling through my phone, cooking, just... doing anything. I'm so pumped that this season has begun and if you haven't seen it yet, GET ON IT! You won't regret it. Well, maybe you will. But we can talk about it and I promise it'll be fun!
"What's wrong with my sewing?" :D